Trading Standards, Product Liability and Food Safety.
We provide advice on the full range of trading standards and environmental health enforcement:
- Trading standards
- Product liability and product recall
- Food safety, hygiene, imitation and labelling
- Weights and measures
- Under-age sales
- Alcohol licensing
- Vehicle and road traffic offences
- Toys safety
- Electromagnetic compatibility
- Unfair commercial practices
- Emergency response to incidents, including 24/7/365 availability
- Guiding you through the investigation process
- Representation and support for directors, managers and staff at regulator interviews
- Advocacy in all courts
- Appealing enforcement notices
- Defending prosecutions
- Representation at coroner’s inquests and public inquiries
- Reputation management
Our lawyers are experts in this field. Simon Joyston-Bechal’s medical expertise gives him a particularly strong understanding of product safety and food safety matters. For example, he has successfully challenged hygiene emergency prohibition notices by mustering expert evidence to show that mouse contamination of food products gave a very much lower risk of illness than was required to justify this draconian enforcement power.
Let’s Get Started
Contact us today in confidence. We will respond within 24 hours, or sooner if you request an urgent response. We do not charge for an initial consultation and you are under no obligation to proceed.