Health & Safety and Fire Safety.
We provide legal advice to employers and managers on all aspects of health & safety and fire safety law:
- Policies, roles and responsibilities (our health & safety lawyer review is directed at reducing exposure to liability whilst protecting safety)
- Emergency response to incidents, including 24/7/365 availability
- Commissioning privileged incident investigation reports
- Guiding you through the investigation process (e.g. Health & Safety Executive, local authorities, fire authorities and Police)
- Representation and support for directors, managers and staff at regulator interviews
- Advocacy in all courts
- Challenging HSE Fee for Intervention Notices
- Appealing Improvement and Prohibition Notices
- Defending health & safety, fire safety and corporate manslaughter prosecutions
- Representation at coroner’s inquests and public inquiries
- Defending executive and non-executive directors
- Reputation management
With the introduction of £multi-million fines for the largest companies, as well as guideline jail terms in excess of 10 years for managers convicted of manslaughter, it has never been more important to know that you are getting the best advice.
Our team of specialist lawyers lead the field in this area, covering sectors ranging from construction, rail, manufacturing, oil and renewable energy to services, retail, schools, sports stadia, banks and the restructuring industry.
Rest assured that with our help, the burden and stress of an investigation or potential prosecution will be alleviated by the knowledge that you are in the most capable and experienced hands. Dr Simon Joyston-Bechal is widely regarded as one of the UK’s leading lawyers in health & safety, with a track record in getting the very best results for clients, whilst showing an understanding for those who have been exposed to health and safety risks.
Let’s Get Started
Contact us today in confidence. We will respond within 24 hours, or sooner if you request an urgent response. We do not charge for an initial consultation and you are under no obligation to proceed.